Half-armor was combat armor that wasn't rated for space and that didn't have built-in weapons.
There were multiple grades of half-armor, at least one was called "paramilitary-grade".
- A nerve-disruptor shield net
- A flexible torso-armor for protection from projectile weapons
- fatigues, made from combat-rated fabric that would not melt or burn
- Various tools and belts for weapons, a rappel harness and spool, emergency oxygen, and so forth.
- A power pack that generated a plasma arc mirror field for protection from plasma weapons.
- Over the head was a helmet with a great deal of communications capability and telemetry; text was displayed in the visor.
Compare space armor.